Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Fearing God


As I sit and read my devotional I am pondering about my day and how I reacted to certain things. Did I do anything that was displeasing to God? Did I say anything he would not be happy about? Did i treat anyone in a way that God would frown upon? As I ponder I have realized that I didn't even think about God once though out my day. This I realize is so normal for me to do. I get so busy through out my day that I don't even take the time to realize that God is right beside me in every move I make and every work I speak. I always get down on myself about this. WHY? Why didn't I pay attention to the things God was saying to me through out my day? Did I miss something important that he had for me?? I feel I am the only person who does this. I need to start fearing the Lord!

I never really understood when People would say fear the Lord. I always thought to myself why would you want to fear the Lord when he wants you to trust him? He loves me why would he want me to fear him? Yesterday while reading the bible I came across a verse where they were talking about fearing the Lord. Now I understand!!! It seems like Something so easy yet it took me years to fully understand this. It was just one of those things that flew over my head. This was the verse I read and helped me understand. Exodus 20:20 "Don't be afraid." Moses answered them, "for God has come in this way to test you, and so that your fear of him will keep you from sinning!" SO AWESOME! why the heck didn't I see this before? I have realized I over look things sometimes LOL something i really need to work on. Thank you Lord for not giving up on me with this understanding. I'm excited to intertwine this into my walk with you :)

3 comments:

much2ponder said...

The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom as well. You are on your way just like the rest of us and you are NOT alone in the fact that you sometimes over look God. We all do.

Maybe we need to better define what the fear of the Lord really means. Fear more about what he thinks than what other people think? Fear that he could zap the life out of me at any given moment? What kind of fear does he want us to have? This is something I have pondered and I believe it is fear of losing connection with his vital presence in our lives. We make choices to leave him out completely when there is nothing more valuable than having him in our lives. What do you think Betty?

much2ponder said...

Just left you an award. No pressure to send it on to anyone, but I do want you to know how much I value you. You are more than a daughter. You are a good friend and not just to me. You are a good friend to anyone who calls you friend. It's just who you are:)

Amy said...

You are a girl after my own heart. God is SO patient with us, amen?;)

Thank you for your sweet words on my blog this evening. I am constantly amazed and humbled by how God works in my life despite how much I fight Him. This life is definitely an interesting journey.

I read your previous post as well, and I have to second what you said, "God’s plan is what I want even if it hurts!!!"

Amen!

And like you shared, I also over look things about God in my life. I am a {slow} work in progress.

Many blessings to you!

In Christ,
Amy:)